10 May 2011

The ultimate (mis)conception

Ultimate Warrior
I talk about Gym Movement a lot.  Why? Because to, unlike the jury for the OJ case, evidence and proof beyond a reasonable doubt matters to me.  It apparently does not matter to many modern day physical culture practitioners,* many of whom blindly go about spending hours in the gym, doing the same cycle of things over and over. 

Too often in life, we don't get to do what's actually good for us at that point in time, though a lot of the time the external forces have the best intentions.  Standardized tests, parents telling you what to do in college, TPS report deadlines.  You name it.

For me, the greatest thing Gym Movement has to offer is the ability to do what I want, freely and know it's gonna be purely beneficial for me.  Like a child playing, as it were.  With movement testing, I can expand my limits to accomplish way more than I have ever done, I don't make excuses for not training because with the ability to do so much compared to before, and I can genuinely enjoy myself.  I can go to the gym, test my movements, do them whenever it goddamn suits me, and know that they will be the best thing I can I can do for myself at that time of training.

I daresay it is so powerful, that it becomes a sort of transcendental meditation, wherein I can forget about external forces (other than the weight) and concentrate on my own (and most important) internal force.   I can PR everyday, and be in a completely thoughtless and zen like state while doing so.  Speaking of PRs, I have now hit 95% of my 1RM for a double.  Based on my training, next week it should be a triple.  You owe it to yourself to be enlightened.   The ultimate misconception is as follows:  the movements you do to make you better in any facet should not be drudgery, they should be physically and mentally liberating since they should be completely based off what is best for you at a point in time.  



*I use that term loosely.

1 comment:

  1. Put some numbers behind this, otherwise it is the same hype as the inferior systems you talk about.

    ReplyDelete