Here is a video of me juggling some kettlebells. I started with two 35 pound bells and moved down to one, so that I might do more tricks. Most people like to run for cardio, for some ungodly reason. Jim Wendler once said to ask yourself the following question: "Is what I am doing awesome?"
|Gymnasts do awesome shit that most of us can't/don't do.|
|Picking up heavy shit is awesome too.|
|Looks pretty awesome to me.|
- Farmer's walks: Grab some heavy shit, preferably two things, one for each hand and walk a distance.
- Pull a sled. Or something heavy. Some people do trucks, you can also do cars. Use a harness, attach to the object and walk.
- Battle ropes. Take a thick rope, and grab it and use your whole body to shake the damn thing. I saw Bud Jeffries (www.strongerman.com) do this for fifteen minutes straight. You can also make a ton of dick jokes in process.
- Carrying an atlas stone. An atlas stone is a big spherical stone. Carry it. Shoulder it. Do it all for a time period.
- Flip a big ass tire. For time.
- Swing/snatch/juggle kettlebells. Go for time. Try to increase your time every time. You can read more about what you can do with swinging kettlebells at www.strongerman.com as well. Bud lost over a hundred pounds by upping the ante on his swings, and watching his food consumption.
- Swing a sledgehammer. Hit something rubbery, like a tire. I don't think I need to explain this one.
- Carry a loaded barbell on your back. Walk with it.
- Lock out a deadlift, and carry it somewhere.
- The Jack Reape deadlift challenge. Deadlift 315lbs for however many reps you can in 30 minutes. My friend Faizal Enu RKC (http://faizalenu.blogspot.com/) managed 154 reps.
|About as useful as a set of tits on a tractor.|