23 November 2010

Coffee is my pre and post sleep and workout supplement

Hopefully by now, if you are smart, you will time Thanksgiving so deftly that your testosterone will be raging.  I mean so raging that you will be ready to fight/fuck/kill anything that pisses you off/catches your fancy/commits a moral affront to you. 

Whenever I watch the evening news, and she pops up, I usually get the FFF urge. 
If you are smart about the eating, be smart about your training too.  I don't mean you have to waste your money taking NO Xplode, or anything like that when you can go to Dunkin' Donuts and get a large coffee to get the caffeine that NO will give you.  Creatine? Eat a steak.  Other shit you find in energy drinks like taurine, can also be found in meat products. Niacin, B12, Iron, also are found in red meat.  That said, why would you waste money on these things when you can get them from a coffee and steak? 

Take away the grains, and I hope this type of thing occurs often in my afterlife. 
I will admit though, that I like a protein beverage after I lift sometimes, especially if I know it will be a while before I eat since sometimes it takes forever to think of what I might want on a given night.  Without a gigantic wad of horseshit supplements, my training sessions get better continually, as you can see.

I also decided, recently to add tactical pull-ups into my training regimen, and I did so today, and at a bodyweight of 200lbs, I did four sets three, and they tested well every time.  Hopefully, I will increase my snatches and my deadlifting and my tactical pull-ups to where I can compete in a tactical strength challenge.

I have also been doing more pistols, as I can finally do them and they test well.  For those of you who don't know, a pistol is a one legged squat.  My mobility is slowly getting to where I can do them on my right leg, and the left leg I can do with no added assistance, with a 12kg kettlebell in my hands.  I've also been in the gymnasium lately and have seen squat and deadlift form that make me wince in pain merely watching it. If you can't do this:

Practice a goblet squat.  To execute a goblet squat, hold a kettlebell or dumbell directly in front of you and, to quote Dan John, Squat between your legs.  If it tests well, do it some more.  And later in life, move on to barbell squatting. 

Everyone has a different body shape, and everyone's form will vary.  Don't hurt yourself.  If you do something you're not supposed to do, your body will revolt.  It's called a muscle pull, or potentially something worse.  Exercise common sense, as well as your movements. 

Remember, readers, excellence does not take a time off, and because we are in "the holidays" doesn't mean you should fuck your progress in the ass.  You can keep training, and you will be a better person for it.  In the mean time, for those of us in the United States, have a happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment